LagX Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS Server

2 posters

Go down

TS Server Empty TS Server

Post  extr3m3 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Ok, i can organisate us a TS² or TS³ server. It wouldnt cost something, cuz a friend have some. Maybe i can organisate a game server, too. So write here if you want the TS² or TS³ server.
And pls write down who gonna have SA. I gonna have it, too. Wink

EDIT: TS is the shortcut for TeamSpeak. Thats one of the best ways to communicate per Headset in my opinion. I think its very usefull for a CS 1.6 clan like us. At a TS Server you create channels as admin and then all can go in it and you can talk with all which are in the same channel. You also can give the channel your favorite name and a password. It´s possible to activate your mic with PTT (Push To Talk) or with VA (Voice Activation). If you dont like someone´s annoying voice, you can mute him as normal user, and as admin you can kick and ban him. Also you can give the server a name and a password. And at last...its gonna be 24/7 online.

greetz Extr3m3

Last edited by extr3m3 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
extr3m3
extr3m3

Back to top Go down

TS Server Empty Re: TS Server

Post  WTF Chicken? Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 am

I am not exactly sure, how the TS server would help us? A game server would. I tried my luck with that but had some problems with my IP so couldn't proceed.

Will give it another try after my exams in September.
WTF Chicken?
WTF Chicken?
Admin

http://www.lagxclanofficial.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  extr3m3 Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:09 am

My Opinion is that a TS Server is very usefull and better than Skype for online gaming. It´s on a save root and it would cost nothing. So i dont know, say me what you want. Btw... we may get the game server from the same root, if we have some luck. Wink

EDIT: I think all now what a TS Server (TS = TeamSpeak) is, when not just ask!

greetz Extr3m3
extr3m3
extr3m3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:20 am

im PRO TS SERVER :pppp (NOOB IN THIS THINGS ) :pppp

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Chicken? Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:51 am

extr3m3 wrote:My Opinion is that a TS Server is very usefull and better than Skype for online gaming. It´s on a save root and it would cost nothing. So i dont know, say me what you want. Btw... we may get the game server from the same root, if we have some luck. Wink

EDIT: I think all now what a TS Server (TS = TeamSpeak) is, when not just ask!

greetz Extr3m3

Good idea, although I have another idea. I was thinking about the server thing and some emerged to me. Do we REALLY need a 'public server' ?

We only need a server to practice and make strategies for the forthcoming clan wars.

If we DO get a public server someone has to host it. If I host it, it will operate ONLY when my system is running. So, it's not going to be a 24/7 server which is accessible anytime of the day by anybody.

The other way of doing this would be by Hamachi. We can connect through wireless lan. The ping should not be a problem since all the members are around the UK.

And, the good thing about it would be that ANYONE can host it. For example, if I am not available you guys will not have to wait until I come and someone from you can start a server and you guys can practice. Hamachi also has built-in chatting, so we can be in touch through that as well. That works like the TS server thing.

I definitely think the Hamachi server is a better idea.

I need everybody's opinion on this.
WTF Chicken?
WTF Chicken?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  extr3m3 Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:14 am

No... i don´t think so.
Im not the one who host the server, it´s a root-pc that is only working to run servers, so its gonna work 24h at day. Btw i cant understand why you don´t want anything i want to organisate lol! geek lol!

Ah.. before i forget we should have a TS Server in the next days so pls say me do we want a TS² or TS³ server?
extr3m3
extr3m3

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Chicken? Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 am

Why not just use the in-built voice chat feature in CS? It's much easier.
WTF Chicken?
WTF Chicken?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Chicken? Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:04 am

extr3m3 wrote:No... i don´t think so.
Im not the one who host the server, it´s a root-pc that is only working to run servers, so its gonna work 24h at day. Btw i cant understand why you don´t want anything i want to organisate

I am sorry. but I did not quite understand what you meant there.

WTF Chicken?
WTF Chicken?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  extr3m3 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:17 pm

WTF Chicken? wrote:
extr3m3 wrote:No... i don´t think so.
Im not the one who host the server, it´s a root-pc that is only working to run servers, so its gonna work 24h at day. Btw i cant understand why you don´t want anything i want to organisate

I am sorry. but I did not quite understand what you meant there.

I just want to say that the server will work 24/7, because my friend have a computer who is working 24/7 to run server. Thats a root-pc. Wink
The ingame voice chat sucks, because we can´t talk normally if we dont play a CW. In TS we can talk all the time and i think its easier to become acquainted with the clan then.

Whatever maybe it would help when the other members would write their opinion here.
The questions are:
Do you want a TS Server?
-If yes, you want a TS² or TS³ Server?
and
Do you want a game server?
-If yes, you want a Hamachi or a own server working on a root?

So let´s get some members in this topic. Cool

greetz Extr3m3
extr3m3
extr3m3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down